Joel Elconin, Co-Host of the Benzinga Pre-Market Show joins me to share his thoughts on the buy everything attitude for investors. Now that the S&P has continued higher this week there is very little/no resistance left until the 2,900 region. We discuss just how important the Fed is to this rally as well as the relative out-performance of the US to every other country.
Chris Temple joins me today to outline the expectantly slow markets as we all await the upcoming Fed statement on Wednesday. We also touch on the ongoing trade talks for the US and China as well as Europe. Finally oil, which had a strong weekly close, is disused. As the energy stocks have continued to lag the question is how this couple impact the broad averages.
Irving Resources (CNX:IRV & OTC:IRVRF) has been brought up a couple times on the show and noted in the comments over the past few months. I reached out to the team at Irving for an update and managed to tie down Quinton Hennigh, Director and Technical Advisor for a general overview and look ahead to this year. We discuss what it’s like to operate in Japan and the drilling plans/targets that are underway.
If you have any follow up questions for the team over at Irving please email me at Fleck@kereport.com.
- Segment 1 – Dr. John Huber and Big Al discuss Civil War in America could it happen again.
- Segment 2 – Why are millennials supporting socialism Dr. John Huber opines.
- Segment 3 & 4 – Lowell Ponte and Big Al discuss HR 1 and other nonsensical pieces of federal legislation.
It’s a very interesting market right now. The Powell put seems to overwhelm everything else as US markets continues to trend higher closing the week at it’s highs. However we are seeing defensive sectors also garner a buy. In this weekend’s show I send the first two segments talking about the makeup of the recovery in the broad averages. In the last two segments we shift our focus to the precious metals and energy sector.
- Segment 1 – Fund Manager Dana Lyons kicks off the show with his insights on the rise in the US markets. He still thinks the bear market started last year.
- Segment 2 – Mike Larson, Editor of The Safe Money Report compares the bond market to the broad averages and shares a metals investment that he has entered.
- Segment 3 – We kick off the resource focused segments with Erik Wetterling, Founder of The Hedgeless Horsemen. Erik outlines how he is managing his portfolio to take advantage of the low share prices.
- Segment 4 – Josef Schachter, Founder of The Schachter Energy Report shares his thoughts on the oil and natural gas sectors. The overall message is short term cautious but long term bullish.
Exclusive Company Interviews This Week
Chris Temple joins me to wrap up the markets for this week. As the S&P closed at the highest level since October of last year there is now not much resistance to the last all time high. We discuss why this strength is continuing, the lower VIX, and some of the recent trade war news regarding Europe and China.
Rick Ackerman is with us today to share his thoughts on the gold, silver, and S&P charts. While still bullish on the metals there are some levels to closely watch for confirmation of an actual breakout.
David Erfle, Founder of The Junior Miner Junky joins me to outline a couple risk factors he is seeing for junior exploration companies. Now these are just rumors but investors need to be aware of these short term bearish factors. The key two factors we discuss are majors possibly selling their equity investments and Van Eck turning away from non production/cash-flow stocks.
Click here to visit David’s site to learn more about his newsletter. It’s well worth your time if you are interested in investing in juniors.
Craig Hemke, Founder of TF Metals Report joins me to share his thoughts on a wide range of metals discussion points. We touch on the upcoming CoT report, what the bond market is telling us about investor sentiment, and the fact that central banks are buying gold but the GLD ETF is shedding gold.
Ned Schmidt, Founder of The Value View Gold Report is back and sharing some of the factors that are making him bullish for the precious metals.