Dana Lyons joins me today to share his thoughts on the overall markets by pointing to the weak breadth and possible complacency. With the same sectors leading that have been leading for the past few months Dana says to keep riding the momentum. We also discuss the overall health of the emerging markets, especially the Chinese markets.
Ed Moya joins me today for a broad look at the major drivers for the financial markets. With so many factors the could cause a drop it’s fascinating to see the markets ability to ignore these signs.
We focus on the strong rally in gold with comments on the near terms drivers that Ed sees as pushing gold to all time highs this year. Also a couple comments on the type of investors that are now entering the sector. Finally we wrap with a look at the oil price which continues to hang around the $40/barrel level.
Joel Elconin is with me today for a look at markets and metals. We start with the comments from Chinese media that was very market supportive/bullish. This was benefiting the market through most of today.
We then move to the metals sector. Gold continues it breakout while oil and copper have rebounded very strongly from the March lows. These assets are telling two very different stories when it comes to the expected economic rebound.
A very happy July 4th to everyone in the US. I hope you all enjoy this weekend’s show. Please send me any feedback or questions to Fleck@kereport.com.
- Segment 1 and 2 – Jesse Felder kicks off the show with a breakdown of how the markets will react to either a Trump or Biden election win. We also discuss the lack of breadth in the markets and how Jesse is viewing the overall gold market.
- Segment 3 – Brien Lundin is up next with comments on how he is managing a portfolio of gold and silver stocks that all are moving higher. We also look at a couple other resource sectors where money will flow into next.
- Segment 4 – Erik Wetterling wraps up the show with comments on a number of gold stocks.
Exclusive Company Interviews This Week
- Metalla Royalty and Streaming – Recapping the royalty acquisition this year and more information on the recent Coeur Mining deal
- Skeena Resources – A Comprehensive Drilling Update With Maps and Videos
- Blackrock Gold – A Focus on the new Tonopah Project in Nevada with drills turning
- Ero Copper – Introduction to this large miner with major exploration plans
- Great Bear Webinar Replay
- Integra Resources – Overview of the DeLamar Property with a focus on the exploration drilling this year
First off I hope everyone down in the US is having a great start to your July 4th long weekend!
Ed Moya joins me for a quick recap of the jobs data released yesterday and general market moves. There is still a buy the dip mentality for the markets all thanks to the easy money policies of central banks. It’s a strange environment when bad news is positive for the markets as well as good news. This ties into a discussion on complacency.
This interview was recorded late in the day yesterday.
Dana Lyons kicks off the editorials today by sharing his investing strategy for these highly selective markets. Only a handful of sectors are actually up for the year but these are up a lot. The main sector leaders include tech, bio-tech, healthcare, and gold stocks.
Joel Elconin kicks off our Canada Day editorials with a quick recap of the US markets and gold sector at the end of the 2nd quarter. With US markets resisting a major breakdown it will be the news in the next 6 months that could drive markets down again. For gold there are a couple key data points and news events that will drive prices through the end of the year.
When it comes to US markets there seems to be a lot of investors willing to buy dips. Even in this short term minimal downtrend a correction is due.
Chris Vermeulen joins me to share his thoughts on the potential of a correction in the near term. Also what a correction would look like in terms of level and the other markets that would be hit.
Chris Temple joins me to summarize the moves in gold, silver, copper, and the US markets which are all appreciating today. It’s the end of the quarter so there is a lot of “window dressing” but gold especially is reaching some key technical levels.
We also focus on what will be the major drivers for the rest of this year. It’s going to be a volatile market for the whole year!
TG Watkins, Director of Stocks at Simpler Trading joins me to address the theory that the summer doldrums are right around the corner for US markets and gold stocks. We spend a lot of time comparing the moves in gold vs the gold stocks. Looking at the long term chart is easy to tell gold is much closer to all time highs than the stocks.
Remember to sign up for the webinar tomorrow at 2pm PT with Great Bear Resources. Click here to register for free. And send me any questions you have beforehand to Fleck@kereport.com.