- Segment 1 – We discuss the dangers of social media with Dr. Frieda Burnbaum.
- Segment 2 – We talk with Carl Hetterle a PGA golf profession who is active in Folds of Honor helping soldiers to reestablish themselves and their families.
- Segment 3 – Big Al and Jim McKinney along with Chris Temple discuss the relationship America has with China and Iran.
- Segment 1 – 4 – This week we have a round table consisting of Dr. John Huber, Chris Temple and Jim McKinney. The discussion focuses on the impact of social media on American Society.
- Segment 1 and 2 – Big Al chats with Dan Pisenti and Jim McKinney on the current state of American politics.
- Segment 3 and 4 – Al and Chris discuss the dynamic state of politics in America and ask for your opinions.
- Segment 1 – Jim and Big Al discuss the importance of always listening to the opinion of others with Michele Sullivan. Michele is the author of Chocolate Cake Marriage
- Segment 2 – Jim and I continue our discussion with author and well know speaker Michele Sullivan.
- Segment 3 – We discuss the events of last week in Hong Kong and potential future actions of Mainland China with Josh Phillip of The Epoch Times.
- Segment 4 – We move the discussion of China from the recent to disturbances in Hong Kong to the Chinese influence on worldwide economic issues.
- Segment 1 and 2 – Big Al and Dr. John Huber open KER Politics discussing reasons for violence in America and the concept of racism.
- Segment 3 – Big Al and Jeff Deist opine on the statement from the Progressives that Donald Trump is a racist.
- Segment 4 – Replay of February 23rd, 2019 – Big Al and Jeff Deist opine on the domestic political climate.
The market continue to be dominated by central bank comments and expectations as well as political news. Yesterday and today are prime examples of the short term moves that can happen on expected and unexpected comments.
Joel Elconin, Co-Host of the Benzinga Pre-Market Prep Show joins me to share his thoughts on these crazy markets and how fundamentals just don’t matter anymore.
- Segment 1 & 2 – Big Al and Jim McKinney begin with their views of the Mueller Hearing.
- Segment 3 – Big Al and Dr. Frieda Birnbaum discuss political values in America
- Segment 4 – Dr. John Huber and Big Al continue discussing the issue of current political values in America.
“You are a traitor, go back to Great Britain!”
This weekend’s reckoning, “Was the American Revolution a Mistake?” argued that the American colonies in 1775 were perhaps the freest society on Earth.
The subsequent revolution raised the curtain on a ruinous inflation, the article continued. And that the American tax burden tripled after 1783.
Never again did the American people regain their prerevolutionary economic freedoms.
The issue drew a heavy mail — and an impassioned mail.
We opened with the comments of reader Charles H… who fingers us for treason.
He further banishes us to the crowned and sceptered isle, in the footsteps of Benedict Arnold.
Reader Emrich S. even offers us a royal title:
How about I sell you the title Duke of BS. You and Rupert Murdoch think it was a bad idea and he and you have been undermining our ideals ever since. Why?
For no other reason — perhaps — that we are traitorous, seditious, malicious, villainous… and treacherous.
Of course, we cannot address the motivations of Mr. Murdoch.
And above the name Lenny M. we are dealt with as follows:
Revisionist-history socialism and rules for radicals… You make Saul Alinsky proud.
Just so. But the article banged a drum for those dreamy days when Americans paid out perhaps 1–2.5% in taxes.
Would a socialist sob over higher taxes?
What would libertarians — even conservatives — give today in order to return to an era in which the central government extracted 1% of the nation’s wealth? Where there was no income tax?
Meantime, reader Stephen K. suggests we are merely working an angle… to catch a penny:
The colonists left England and the continent to obtain freedom that they did not have before. Don’t whitewash history to sell your books.
But not all readers would pack us off to the gallows…
Joining us in treason, for example, is reader Ken H.:
Brilliant and accurate analysis… Thank you! I discovered the same in my advanced-placement American history class quite some time ago!
Randy M. adds: “This is an interesting angle on U.S. history I’ve never heard.”
Finally, reader Eric P. says: “Thank you very much for this piece of history.”
Was the American Revolution a mistake?
Upon deep and sober reflection this weekend, we have come around to the belief it was not.
That is because we are heart and soul for freedom.
Imagine that America remained an English colony to this day.
Further imagine the tyrannical crown spent us into oblivion… and buried these colonies under a crushing $22.4 trillion debt.
Can you conceive of such a despotism?
But as independent Americans…
We can be proud that we accomplished it all by ourselves… freely.
for The Daily Reckoning
- Segment 1 – Recently the medical community announced the possible introduction of a pill that drastically reduce the aging process. We discuss this with Bridgette Portman Phd.
- Segment 2 – Dr Bridgette Portman describes her play Ageless which debuted in San Francisco bringing up interesting questions about the aging process.
- Segment 3 – We discuss the opposite philosophies the current political spectrum with John Perazzo of the David Horowitz Freedom Foundation.
- Segment 4 – John Perazzo continues his discussion involving both sides of political philosophies in America.
- Segment 1 – We open KER Politics with discussion of why we believe the Mueller Report will harm the Democrats.
- Segment 2 – Jim McKinney continues his rationale of the effectiveness of the Mexican tariffs.
- Segment 3 – Joshua Phillips Senior Investigative Reporter for The Epoch Times discusses Absolute Truth in Journalism.
- Segment 4 – Citizens along the the American Border with Mexico have taken the situation in their own hands. Charlotte Cutherbertson explains.