Marc Chandler, Managing Partner at Bannockburn Global ForEx joins me for a comprehensive recap of the market moves this week that continued to push US and international market to higher levels. A lot was on the back of trade optimism which Trump is trying to pullback after his comments today. Pay attention to Marc comments regarding markets not always following fundamentals.
Dave Erfle joins me to discuss the big move down for gold and silver and why this is an almost impossible market to short term trade. We look at the positive signs that were showing up heading into this week and today which seems to have subsided.
Chris Temple and I chat today about the big picture for investors especially the PM bulls. We compare the market moves to back in 2000 and 2008. Plus comments on trade, USD moves, and global interest in equity markets.
Doc kicks off today with a quick comment on the recent Fed statement and quickly shifts to a discussion on the US Dollar. With the dollar being in a short term downtrend but yet to break the almost 2 year uptrend Doc thinks this month will be very important for the dollar. We also consider how a falling dollar impacts a wide range of markets.
This first hour is full of extended segments with topics ranging from overall US markets health to opportunities in depressed markets, and of course comments on the resource sector. It’s fascinating to see three different types of investors and money managers all have similar outlooks for risk on and risk off assets.
Please feel free to share your thoughts by commenting or emailing me at Fleck@kereport.com.
- Segment 1 – Jesse Felder, Founder of The Felder Report kicks off the show with an extended conversation starting with a discussion on distinguishing between a bubble and a mania. We then look to some of the sectors that Jesse sees as offering great value for investors.
- Segment 2 and 3 – Rick Bensignor, Founder of Bensingor Investment Strategies shares his thoughts on the US markets, Emerging Markets, copper, and gold.
- Segment 4 – Matt Geiger, Managing Partner at MJG Captial focuses on the resource sector. We chat about the weakness in the USD and how that could impact the metals; how he is positioning his fund for tax loss selling season; and what he thinks will finally drive M&A activity in the sector.
Exclusive Company Interviews This Week
- Great Bear Resources – Summarizing The Overall Scale Of The Dixie Project
- Great Bear Resources – A quick discussion on the strategy behind spinning out a 2% NSR
- Gatling Exploration – A New Exploration Company With a 35,000 Meter Program Underway In The Abitibi Belt
- Skeena Resources – The recent drill result of 314g/t AuEq over 2.21 meters is more exploration than infill drilling
Ed Moya kicks off today by sharing his thoughts on the Canadian election results and what that means for the Canadian economy and monetary policy in Canada. We also comment on the US markets and general shift we have seen toward more risk on assets.
The US dollar has moved down 7 of the last 8 trading days but has not fully broken down out of it’s uptrend. Chris Temple joins me for a close look at what is driving this move and what is key to watch moving forward. We also look to some of the other markets and sectors that are impacted by a falling dollar. However it is important to note that a breakdown has not happened yet.
Chris Kimble, Founder of Kimble Charting Solutions shares 4 charts that he is keeping an eye on fold gold investors. The USD, Euro and Swiss Franc can all be used as barometers for potential major moves in the precious metals. Follow along with the charts below.
Jordan Roy-Byrne joins me to chat about the recent relationship between the US dollar and gold price. Over the past year the two have moved up together but today was a divergence of that trend. Not saying that this one day is the start of a new trend but a falling dollar could bring on all sorts of new risks that most are ignoring.
With the USD breaking below 98 today there are a couple key factors to consider if this move continues. Chris Temple, Founder of The National Investor joins me to breakdown what he thinks is causing this move lower and if it is signaling a more significant shift in money flows. This very well could be a short term correction but the recent expansion of the Fed balance sheet needs to be noted in terms of timing as well.