Ed Moya joins me today to focus on the continued rise in precious metals and bonds. There are a few key factors that are supporting this move higher one being stimulus but it’s different this year as governments are being forced into the easy money policies.
This conversation with Marc Chandler was recorded late int he day on Friday. We focus on the continued moves higher in gold and the breakdown in the US Dollar. These are the key markets currently that are garnering a lot of attention. We also look ahead to this week and a couple central bank meetings and US data points.
Dave Erlfe joins me today to outline the short and long term outlooks for precious metals stocks.
The gold stocks have finally started to play catch-up to the rise in the gold price but there are some short term indicators that show the sector is overbought. This is a true sign of a bull market but it’s important to note that all bull markets have natural corrections.
When it comes to the long term outlook, there is a lot to be bullish about. We will hear from some central banks this week (the Bank of Canada, Japan, and EBC) which should continue to support the long term outlook of low rates which is positive for PMs.
Marc chandler wraps up the editorials today with a discussion on the balance between liquidity and economic factors that are driving the markets.
We touch on the gold trade and US Dollar. Over the last few weeks the Dollar has been looked at in a very different way by investors. Final comments on the news events for next week that need to be noted.
I hope you all enjoy this weekend’s show! I balanced out the broad market comments with thoughts on the precious metals and an update from Great Bear Resources
Please keep the emails coming to Fleck@kereport.com. I love hearing about the companies you are investing in.
- Segment 1 and 2 – Rick Bensignor kicks off the show with his outlook for US markets, the US bond market, and the precious metals.
- Segment 3 – Brien Lundin and I chat about the Golden Triangle and companies that have some interesting exploration programs this year.
- Segment 4 – Chris Taylor, President of Great Bear Resources joins me to recap the recent high-grade drill results at a new exploration area called the Arrow Zone. Click here to read over the full news release.
Exclusive Company Interviews The Week
- SilverCrest Metals – Drilling Restart and Balance Between Exploration and Production
- Osisko Metals – Diving into the Pine Point PEA
- Mountain Boy Minerals – An Introduction to this explorer in the Golden Triangle
Marc Chandler is back for a general recap on a wide range of market drivers. We start with a big picture look at US markets after the selloff last Thursday and general rebound this week. Then it’s a longer discussion on the roll of central bank easiness and government spending. These factors are undoubtedly supporting markets at the very least. We also discuss the COVID news that is leading to a bit of a selloff today. Finally a look ahead to two events/data points that need to be watched.
Ed Moya kicks off today’s editorials with comments on US markets, yields, and the US Dollar. With protests and riots in the US adding to the uncertainty in the Country it’s understandable to be skeptical of the moves into risk-on assets.
Marc Chandler, Managing Partner at Bannockburn Global ForEx joins me for a discussion focused on what continues to drive the US markets higher.
With escalating tensions between the US and China as well as continued weak economic data, markets have been able to largely ignore these issues and move higher. Marc says this is all due to large amounts of liquidity that is being created by central banks and governments.
This week was packed with company updates and introductions. Please check out the links below to all the interviews. It really helps me out when you all send me questions so please keep them coming to Fleck@kereport.com.
I hope you all have a great weekend and enjoyable long weekend for all our Canadian listeners.
- Segment 1 and 2 – Peter Boockvar, Chief Investment Officer at Bleakley Advisory Group kicks off the show with his thoughts on ZIRP and the damage it has done to other Countries. We also comment on the markets ability to ignore the consistent bad economic data.
- Segment 3 – Marc Chandler, Managing Partner at Bannockburn Global ForEx outlines how the currency markets have reacted to ZIRP around the world.
- Segment 4 – Mike Konnert, President and CEO of Vizsla Resources wraps up the first hour with an update on recent drill results and an overview of the exploration plans for this year. Vizsla is a new silver exploration company that is exploring a newly consolidated land package called the Panuco Project in Mexico.
Exclusive Company Updates and Introductions
- Skeena Resources – More high grade drill results and a recap of the winter 2020 drill program
- TriStar Gold – Webinar Replay
- GR Silver Mining – Recapping recent news – Bought Deal Financing, Plomosas Exploration Results
- Osisko Metals – 2020 plans for Pine Point – PEA and future exploration
- Maple Gold Mines – Recent drill results and an overview of upcoming exploration
- Endeavour Silver – Discussing an operational turnaround, organic growth and exploration potential
- Great Bear Resources – Recapping the first deep drill hole results
- Pure Gold Mining – Overview of Construction Progress and Exploration plans this year
- SilverCrest Metals – Restarting work at Las Chispas and addressing the 9million share block that went up for sale today
- GR Silver Mining – More High Grade Results From Plomosas
Mike Larson joins me to discuss the idea of negative interest rates from the Fed. Even the Fed Presidents have stated they do not plan on cutting rates into negative territory we all know that market could very well force them into it.
Mike and I discuss the sectors which are impacts the most by negative rates. We also look around the world to other countries that have dropped rates into negative territory and what it has done to the economy.
Click here to follow Mike on Twitter. It’s well worth your time to stay up to date on what’s catching his eye.