Ed Moya joins me today to focus on the continued rise in precious metals and bonds. There are a few key factors that are supporting this move higher one being stimulus but it’s different this year as governments are being forced into the easy money policies.
Chris Temple wraps up today’s editorials with comments on the moves in the US Dollar compared to copper and oil. We also look at the steady rise in silver which has been outperforming gold in recently.
Chris Vermeulen wraps up today’s editorials by sharing his targets for bonds, gold, and Bitcoin. Bonds and gold are long accepted as safe haven assets however Bitcoin is on traders radars now as a possible safe haven now. Looking at the charts for each asset there are some big moves coming as trading ranges are tightening.
At the end of the week fear entered the markets as the S&P had its largest one day drop in 12 weeks. This was on the back of a Fed meeting which confirmed that ZIRP is staying for the foreseeable future and that they are still worried about the US economy.
On this weekend’s show we focus mostly on the stability of the US markets with an update from Great Bear Resources to wrap up the show.
Please keep in touch by emailing me at Fleck@kereport.com. I love hearing about the companies you think have good prospects.
- Segment 1 and 2 – Mike Larson kicks off this hour with a focus on the crazy moves in bankrupt companies the broad US markets this week. Also addressing the Fed’s statement that locks in the easy money policy through 2002.
- Segment 3 – Dana Lyons shares his trading strategy for US markets and safe haven assets.
- Segment 4 – Chris Taylor, President and CEO of Great Bear Resources (TSX.V:GBR & OTCQX:GTBAF) recaps recent high grade drill results announced this week from the Dixie Project.
Exclusive Company Updates This Week
- Skeena Resources – More information on the upcoming drill program and discussions with Barrick
- Maple Gold Mines – More information on the drill results from the Porphyry Zone
- Calibre Mining – Complete overview of the Q1 production, the production restart, and increased exploration program
- Silver Viper Minerals – Drill program resuming, here are the details and goals
- Uranium Fundamentals Update and IsoEnergy Stakes 6 Projects In The Eastern Athabaska Basin
- Eclipse Gold Mining – More information on the initial drill results from the Hercules Property
Chris Temple joins me to share his thoughts on the Fed statement and Powell’s press conference from yesterday as well as the market selloff today. While not too much new came out of the Fed statement it is abundantly clear that rates will remain low and QE is here for a long time. The selloff today is continuing and pretty much every market is being dragged down with it.
Ed Moya kicks off the day with a look at the sectors that are moving today. Unlike over the past couple weeks where we saw the lagging sectors garner a buy, today money is back to tech, gold, and treasuries. There is still a lot of tension in the world that is only growing but investors have been able to ignore most of this news. With all eyes on the Fed tomorrow we should continue to see choppy trading through the end of the week.
Ed Moya kicks off today with comments on the action in the S&P which is mimicking the moves from yesterday. We also discuss the developments in Europe when it comes to the continued stimulus planned but still needing to get pushed through. Finally comments on gold and the US Dollar’s action today.
Ryan Wilday kicks off today with an update on the Bitcoin market. We discuss his technical outlook as well as some insights on the potential safe haven appeal for cryptocurrencies.
If you have further questions on Bitcoin for Ryan please email me at Fleck@kereport.com.
Chris Vermeulen joins me today to share his thoughts on the race to the safe haven assets, bonds and cash. But what about gold and gold stocks. These have been more correlated to the US markets but the charts of the major stocks and gold are still very bullish.
In case you missed it there is a special webinar with Great Bear Resources! Click the link below to sign up and have first access to the live event and the recording.
Great Bear Resources – Thursday April 23rd at 11:30am PT – Click here to sign up
TG Watkins, Director of Stocks at Simpler Trading joins me to share his trading strategy in these fear driven markets. When we chatted, shortly after the market started trading after the halt, gold was still down and everything was being hit. It has since bounced back but is still down around 1%.
Even after central banks around the world try to support markets all they did was instill more fear.