John Rubino, Founder of the Dollar Collapse website joins me to share his thoughts on the strong US jobs number from today. This data point is moving the US dollar higher and pushing gold lower along with US markets (marginally). We address where gold is trading right now and how some major fund managers are really warming up to the yellow metal recently.
Chris Temple, Founder of The National Investor shares his thoughts on Christine Lagard announced to take the reigns at the ECB and Trump’s more recent nominations for rolls at the Fed. Overall the theme of lower rates seem locked in for a long time. There is also these on going comments regarding currency wars that Trump spurred again today.
We are not half way through 2019 and we are seeing US markets near all time highs, yields closing in on historical lows, and gold breaking to 6 year highs. In the first hour we try to make sense of it all. Plus we have some comments on gold stocks and the oil market.
Happy Canada Day to all our listeners up north and a happy 4th of July to everyone in the US.
Please keep in touch by emailing me at Fleck@kereport.com.
- Segment 1 – Extended Segment – Rick Bensignor, Founder of Bensignor Investment Strategies weighs in on the US markets, treasuries, and gold.
- Segment 2 – Marc Chandler, Managing Partner at Bannockburn Global ForEx thinks we are at peak easing expectations and this could all play into the bigger picture for stocks.
- Segment 3 – Sean Brodrick, Editor over at Weiss Ratings shares what he looks for in gold stocks and cannabis stocks.
- Segment 4 – Josef Schachter, Founder of the Schachter Energy Report updates us on his trading strategy for oil and oil stocks.
Exclusive Company Interviews and Comments This Week
- Riverside Resources – More information on the acquisition of 5 properties in Mexico
- Crystal Lake Mining – An Overview of this new exploration Company in the Golden Triangle
Nicholas Pardini, Managing Partner of the Davos Investment Group joined me yesterday afternoon to discuss a number of topics ranging from Fed policy to the recent positive correlation between risk on and risk off assets. Looking ahead to when the Fed will cut rates, no matter if it’s in July or shortly after, it is signifying another cycle of central bank dovishness out of the Fed. The most important questions are will this be enough to stop a recession and how will the markets digest all even cheaper money.
To find out more about Nicholas’s research please email me at Fleck@kereport.com. His products are very much for the institutional investor.
Joel Elconin, Co-Host of the Benzinga Pre-Market Prep Show joins me today with a wide ranging discussion. We always address the markets and stocks that are moving most and this week the discussion focuses a lot on the gold market. As Joel points out it’s all about momentum and gold definitely has that going for it. We also look at the bond market, which continues to more higher and the concept of an everything bubble.
Chris Temple joins me for market wrap on a very important week for gold investors. We discuss the strong close for gold and why silver is still lagging. We also look at Chris’s Odd Couple trade and wrap up the call with the US markets which sold off into the close.
Dana Lyons joins me to kick off today with his thoughts on both the trade into gold as well as US markets. As much as he tries to ignore the Fed the fact remains that there is a lot of liquidity in the system and this money is landing in a wide range of sectors.
Craig Hemke, Founder of TF Metals Report shares his thoughts on what is moving the precious metals to 5 year highs. We address the Iranian tensions as a possible driver but also focus on crashing yields and the falling dollar as all helping drive gold. We also look at how the equities are moving with the majors really starting to get going.
Brien Lundin, Editor of The Gold Newsletter joins me to share his thoughts on the the current environment of low yields around the world. It seems central banks and economies around the world are stuck with low rates that could get even lower. We also discuss the potential of another recession coming in the next two years.
Click here to visit the Gold Newsletter website. Also email me if you have any questions regarding the New Orleans Investment Conference – Fleck@kereport.com.
It was a crazy week for investors. Money flew into US markets, gold and bonds all on the back of weak US data and rate cut expectations screaming higher. We discuss all these topics as well as look into the cannabis space trying to make light of all the new companies.
The show this week is packed with extended segments. There was so much to cover I didn’t want to cut any of our guest short. I hope you all enjoy and have a great weekend!
- Segment 1 – Rick Bensignor, Founder of Bensignor Investment Strategies joins me for a full recap on US markets, bonds, the USD, and gold.
- Segment 2 – Trader Vic weighs in on the politcal nature of the markets and the Fed. Plus how to trade the volatility.
- Segment 3 – Sean Brodrick who just launched the Marijuana Millionaire Portfolio answers some questions on how to isolate the good cannabis companies from the growing herd.
- Segment 4 – A new guest to the show Matt Geiger, Managing Partner at MJG Capital explains how he has managed a successful resource fund during the bear market.
It was a slow week on the company interviews side of things but watch next week when I introduce a couple companies outside of the resource sector. Plus I will be chatting with Ivan Bebek (Auryn Resources) and Quinton Hennigh (Novo Resources), so please send in your questions – Fleck@kereport.com.