Chris Temple joins me today to wrap up the week for the bond market and US economic data, plus a look ahead to the upcoming earnings season. It’s all about forward guidance from companies for the rest of year that will result in volatility and could finally lead to a pullback in markets.
I hope you all enjoy this weekend’s show! I balanced out the broad market comments with thoughts on the precious metals and an update from Great Bear Resources
Please keep the emails coming to Fleck@kereport.com. I love hearing about the companies you are investing in.
- Segment 1 and 2 – Rick Bensignor kicks off the show with his outlook for US markets, the US bond market, and the precious metals.
- Segment 3 – Brien Lundin and I chat about the Golden Triangle and companies that have some interesting exploration programs this year.
- Segment 4 – Chris Taylor, President of Great Bear Resources joins me to recap the recent high-grade drill results at a new exploration area called the Arrow Zone. Click here to read over the full news release.
Exclusive Company Interviews The Week
- SilverCrest Metals – Drilling Restart and Balance Between Exploration and Production
- Osisko Metals – Diving into the Pine Point PEA
- Mountain Boy Minerals – An Introduction to this explorer in the Golden Triangle
Ed Moya kicks off today’s editorials with comments on US markets, yields, and the US Dollar. With protests and riots in the US adding to the uncertainty in the Country it’s understandable to be skeptical of the moves into risk-on assets.
Ed Moya joins me today to outline the news out of the UK and its recent sale of negative yielding 3 year Gilts. It’s another country being forced into negative rates. We also discuss the continued rise in oil. It seems the oil price has gotten ahead of itself but price does continue to rise.
Ed Moya kicks off today by addressing a German court ruling that states the Bundesbank must stop buying government bonds if the ECB can not prove those purchases are needed. On the back of this ruling the Euro is down and yields are moving higher. We also touch on the crude price moving above $25.
Upcoming Webinar – May 8th @ 12pm PDT (3pm EDT) – TriStar Gold. The Company owns 100% of the Castelo de Sonhos gold project, located in Pará state, Brazil. The Company has recently completed a US $8 million finance with Royal Gold Inc. with proceeds used to advance the project to completion of a feasibility study in 2020.
One of the major drivers for the precious metals is negative real interest rates. With yields falling across the board (and continuing to trend lower) you would think this would lead to negative real rates. Unfortunately the argument of deflation is the other side of the equation and with oil, base metals, and many other things crashing – we are in an environment where real rates are still positive.
Craig Hemke joins me to outline his thoughts on the status of real rates and how it is impacting the price of precious metals.
It was another crazy week with markets and gold all over the place and yields continuing to crash. With these wild swings day to day this is not an easy market to trade.
On this weekend’s show we look at long term fundamentals to help out everyone who is trying to make some solid long term investments. We focus on the precious metals and some of the intricacies to note for the investors in the sector.
- Segment 1 – Mike Larson kicks off the show to address the crash in yields. Even after the Fed rate cut the market continues to push yields into historic territory.
- Segment 2 – Jeff Christian, Managing Partner at CPM Group shares his insights on why the gold stocks are lagging the metals price. It all about the type of investors that entered the sector.
- Segment 3 – George Gero, Managing Director at RBC Wealth Management looks at the recent moves in oil and gold. These are a great barometer for global economic health.
- Segment 4 – We wrap up the hour with an update from Calibre Mining (TSX:CXB & OTCQX: CXBMF). Ryan King, VP Corporate Development recaps the recent Q4 financial results and recent discovery.
Exclusive Company Updates This Week
- SilverCrest Metals – More Information on the New Area 200 Discovery – The Highest Grades Drilled To Date
- Skeena Resources – Drill Program Update and A Look At The Recent High Grade Silver Component
- Auryn Resources – Updating the progress in Peru and the possibility of a spin-out company
Dana Lyons joins me share his thoughts on the crazy volatility in the markets. He outlines what a normal correction typically looks like and if this could be the start of the bear market. We also touch on the continue decline in yields and USD pullback.
Rick Ackerman kicks of today with his thoughts on the Fed rate cut. We look at the continued fall in yields and huge volatility in a wide range of assets. Rick has some low targets for the 30-year that speaks to his overall thoughts on the financial system.
Chris Temple joins me to share his thoughts on Fed rate cut and corresponding market moves. We discuss the theory behind the cut as well as the timing. Also look ahead to the meeting in just over 2 weeks and the market moves. With US markets down, yields continuing to fall, and the precious metals moving strongly higher it’s a good day for PM investors.