Marc Chandler, Managing Partner at Bannockburn Global ForEx joins me to recap all the major political and central bank events on tap for the next week and a half. We start with Brexit and move to the Canadian election results, all with a view of what it could do for markets. Finally the ECB is meeting this Thursday and next Thursday we hear from the Fed. We share what to expect.
Chris Temple kicks off today by discussing where we stand with Brexit and just how far it could continue to get pushed back. We also look at the earnings picture in the US especially when it comes to the banking sector. Finally a couple comments on the ECB and Fed to wrap up the big picture.
Chris Temple joins me for some further comments on the repo market actions from last week and how other markets could be impacted. The biggest questions revolves around the US dollar and if it might finally start rolling over. However we also heard from incoming EBC head Lagarde and outgoing ECB President Draghi about the path of that central banks monetary policy.
Chris temple joins me to discuss the statement from the ECB today and how the market reacted. With the swings today we ask the question of if the market is finally starting to focus a bit more on earnings and fundamentals over simply being central bank focused.
Chris Temple recently wrote to his subscribers that he thinks the precious metals and stocks will have a little pullback in the near term. This comment got us on the topic of how to trade a market like the PMs which seems to be in an early stage bull market. We also look ahead to the major drivers over the next two weeks of the ECB and Fed meeting. Watch how the currencies react most closely.
What is seeming to be a trend right now is gold moving higher along with the US markets. All of this on the back on Fed rate cu expectations at the end of the month. Even though we saw some strong US data this week and inflation data above 2%, when Powell spoke in front of Congress he more or less assured us that a rate cut is coming.
In this weekend’s show we discuss all the points above with Jesse Felder, Marc Chandler, and Jeff Christian. Jordan Roy-Byrne also shares some details on an his updated book that looks at the potential of a long term gold bull market.
- Segment 1 – Jesse Felder kicks off the show with a discussion on how he views the overall trend and momentum for the US markets and gold.
- Segment 2 – Marc Chandler, Managing Partner at Bannockburn Global ForEx recaps where the Fed, ECB, an currently Bank of Canada stand while balanceing out the moves in the Dollar this week.
- Segment 3 – Jordan Roy-Byrne just updated his book outlining the long term gold bull market we could be just starting. If you want a free copy of his book visit his site, The Daily Gold, or email me at Fleck@kereport.com.
- Segment 4 – Jeff Christian, Managing Parter at the CPM Group takes a look inside this recent gold breakout and shares who is buying.
Exclusive Company Interviews and Comments
- The Renewed Interest In Rare Earth Elements and A REE Company Focused In Canada
- Minera Alamos – 2 Low CapEx Projects Close To Production In Mexico
- Great Bear Resources – Continuing to expand the resource with high grade drill results
- Brian Leni – Thoughts From A Recent Site Visit To Brazil
Marc Chandler, Managing Partner at Bannockburn Global ForEx joins me to recap the major news from this week. We start with the jobs data and how this is shifting some of the expectations heading into the Fed meeting. Next are some comments on the new head of the ECB and the trend of negative yields around Europe. This all leads to a discussion on what mutual funds and large money managers are doing to find yield.
Chris Temple, Founder of The National Investor shares his thoughts on Christine Lagard announced to take the reigns at the ECB and Trump’s more recent nominations for rolls at the Fed. Overall the theme of lower rates seem locked in for a long time. There is also these on going comments regarding currency wars that Trump spurred again today.
It was a big week for gold which closed at a 5 year high, right at $1,400. While gold was heading higher US markets also touched all time highs and the Dollar moved down. These moves were helped by the Fed statement mid-week and a continued dovish shift by the central banks around the world. I discuss all of these market moves in this hour as well as receive a comprehensive update from Auryn Resources.
I hope you all enjoy the show! Please keep in touch by emailing me at Fleck@kereport.com. Have a great weekend!
- Segment 1 – Marc Chandler, Managing Partner at Bannockburn Global ForEx shares his thoughts on the statements from both Jerome Powell and Mario Draghi, and looks ahead to market moving events next week and the G20.
- Segment 2 – Mike Larson, Editor of The Safe money Report weighs in on the Fed’s inability to create inflation and the what a rate cutting cycle will look like.
- Segment 3 – Allison Ostrander, Director of Risk Tolerance at Simpler Trading takes a look at some of the big name tech stocks and what the charts are telling her.
- Segment 4 – A full update on Auryn Resources from Executive Chairman Ivan Bebek. We discuss the Sombrero Project in Peru (including your permitting questions) and the drill program about to be started at Committee Bay in Nunavut. Click here to visit the Auryn Resources website.
Exclusive Company Updates This Week
- Cypress Development Corp – Updates On The PFS, Metallurgical Testing, and The Overall Lithium Market
Chris Temple joins me today to share his thoughts on the dovish tone from Draghi at the ECB and the overall market reaction. We look at the US markets, gold and the USD. We also discuss the thoughts that more easing from central banks will help the broad commodity sector as well as the economy.