Jordan Roy-Byrne joins me for a look into the recent out-performance of gold and silver over the stocks. Even today we are seeing the stocks fade as the metals make a new leg higher. It’s important right now to focus on the near term drivers for your individual stocks.
Brad Cooke, Founder and CEO of Endeavour Silver (TSX:EDR – NYSE:EXK) kicks off today by providing an update on the operational turnaround at the Company’s 3 silver mines in Mexico. 2019 was a bad year for Endeavour as the Company was making some adjustments at the mines to run more economically. Brad and I look to the just released Q2 financials as a gauge of how the turnaround is progressing.
We also discuss how the higher silver price is impacting the production as well as the exploration that’s restarted at most of the projects.
Erik Wetterling joins me today with an initial comment on the silver sector. After silver’s strong run in the past couple weeks does this mean that silver stocks provide a attractive value proposition?
Erik also shares some of the metals stocks he thinks are lagging the sector and due to play catch up.
Chris Ritchie, President of SilverCrest Metals (TSX:SIL – NYSE:SILV) joins me for a discussion on the macro environment for the silver sector. We compare the value of precious metals to stocks and bonds while also touching on global asset allocation.
In terms of silver fundamentals the estimated demand for silver ETFs has already been hit in the first half of this year. This is showing the increase in interest in the sector as well as the types of investors that are coming in.
When it comes to SilverCrest Metals I have Chris outline the exploration that is ongoing balanced with the possibility of moving into production.
Please email me with any follow up questions for Chris regarding SilverCrest or the general silver market. My email is Fleck@kereport.com.
Is was a strong close to the week for all things precious metals. Silver started the week off strong but gold stole the headlines by closing on Friday at $1,900. Since there are a lot of people focused on investing in precious metals stocks I dedicate most of this hour to investing strategies and stocks in the gold and silver sectors.
Please keep the emails coming to Fleck@kereport.com. It was another busy week of Company update, check out the links (below) to keep up to date.
There is another KE Report webinar coming up next week! On Tuesday I will be joined by Maple Gold Mines for a comprehensive update on the exploration plans at the Douay Gold Project. Click here to register for free. Be sure to send in your questions before the webinar even if you cannot attend.
- Segment 1 and 2 – Doc kicks off the first hour with his outlook for the US markets, near term moves in gold and silver, and shares some of the stocks he is investing in.
- Segment 3 – Matt Geiger, Managing Partner of MJG Capital joins me for an assessment of junior resource stocks. He outlines what he is looking for in companies and how he trades warrants that are in the money.
- Segment 4 – Marcio Fonseca, President and CEO of GR Silver Mining (TSX.V:GRSL & OTCQB:GRSLF) wraps up the first hour by recapping some more high grade silver drill results from the Plomosas Project. There was a new discovery in the recent news release called the San Juan Zone.
Exclusive Company Interviews This Week
- Maple Gold Mines – Exploration outlook for the second half of this year; targeting high grade zones
- Inca One Gold Corp. – Introduction to this gold producer in Peru who just signed a deal with a larger miner
- Metalla Royalty and Streaming – Comments on recent high volume in the stock and overall valuation
- PureGold Mining – Catalysts for this year – First Gold pour in December and 30,000meters of exploration ongoing.
- AbraPlata Resource – An exploration Company focused in Argentina with a recently announced increased drilled program
- Cartier Resources – A discussion on valuation for the known +1.1million ounce gold deposit and expansion potential
- Luminex Resources – Recapping the 4 Properties with exploration this year, 2 being drilled by major companies
- IsoEnergy Exploration Video Interview – A Detailed Look At the Hurricane Zone Discovery
Brian Leni joins me today to breakdown the pop in gold vs the slight selloff in silver. Plus the underlying stocks that have been seeing high volume. This could be a sign of profit taking. We also touch on the US Dollar breakdown and how that can be supporting the higher precious metals prices.
Jordan Roy-Byrne joins me today to discuss the recent pop in silver and compare the moves to silver stocks. Silver has been popping, now over key resistance levels and breaking all downtrend lines, the last few trading days have been very important. The one argument to this move is that the silver stocks are lagging in the last couple days. The flip side of this is that the silver stocks were leading over the past couple months so this is just silver playing catch up.
Dave Erfle wraps up the editorials today by discussing what he is looking for when investing in precious metals stocks. Investors have the option of lower market cap explorers through to advanced exploration plays all the way up to more established miners. We try to simplify where the safer bets are vs the more high risk plays.
Brett Heath, President and CEO of Metalla Royalty and Streaming (TSX.V:MTA – NYSE:MTA) joins me to discuss the recent volume spike in the stock trading. Over $50million worth of Metalla shares have changed hands over the past month, all right after the closing of the financing. This also plays into the possibility of the stock being included in any of the precious metals ETFs. Finally comments on where the growth will come in the near term.
On this weekend’s show I focus on some key moves in the US Dollar and international markets that impact the trade into a wide range of commodities. This continues to be a market where you stick with winning sectors.
I hope you all enjoy this weekend’s show. Please keep sending me your questions for all the companies I feature on the show as well as any other stocks you are investing in. You can always reach me at Fleck@kereport.com.
- Segment 1 & 2 – Rick Bensignor kicks off the show with comments on the recent US Dollar weakness. International markets have been out preforming US markets with the US Dollar moving down. This can directly carry over to a wide range of commodities and currencies.
- Segment 3 – Brien Lundin and I focus on the junior stock sector. We discuss the recent performance of new stocks and a couple silver stocks that are performing very well.
- Segment 4 – We get an update from Great Bear Resources (TSX.V:GBR & OTCQX:GTBAF). Chris Taylor, President and CEO of Great Bear answers your questions ranging from the potential sale of the project to the current exploration. Click here to watch the recording of the recent webinar.
Exclusive Company Interviews This Week.
- White Gold Corp – Outlining the drill program focused on 3 new high-grade discoveries in the Yukon
- Ero Copper – Updating Operating Outlook and More Details on the Large Exploitation Program
- District Metals – Introducing a new base metals explorer in Sweden
- TriStar Gold – Just closed a $9.2million financing; how will the cash be used to drive the Company forward?