Jordan Roy-Byrne wraps up our editorials today with a look at the gold, silver, and GDX charts. We discuss the multi-year resistance levels that all are closing in on. Also a couple comments on the type of stocks that are moving.
i hope eveyrone enjoys this weekend’s show. I spend a lot of time on the precious metals sector. It’s an outperforming sector so there can be a lot of money to be made in the right companies.
Please keep in touch by emailing me with any questions for guests or companies – Fleck@kereport.com
- Segment 1 & 2 – Jesse Felder joins me to kick off the show with his thoughts on the disconnect between markets and the underlying economy. In the second segment we look to the metals sector. As Jesse says BANG has preformed better than FAANG.
- Segment 3 – Dave Erfle joins me to discuss his trading strategy now that junior gold stocks have moved higher. We also touch on a change to the rules for TSX listed companies for raising money.
- Segment 4 – Dave Erfle is back with me for a round table discussion with Philippe Cloutier, President and CEO of Cartier Resources. This week Cartier Resources released a new resource estimate that brings the total resource to almost 1.2million ounces. Dave wants you all to know that he holds shares and covers Cartier in his newsletter.
Exclusive Company Interviews This Week
- Novo Resources – Questions on ore sorting, exploration work on deck, and possible project economics
- Aztec Minerals – A New Focus on the Tombstone Property in Arizona
- KORE Mining – A Complete overview of this advanced exploration company with assets in California and BC
Chris Vermeulen joins me today to provide some thoughts on the precious metals markets. The stocks are continuing to lead the sector and GDX is adding to the breakout. But not all precious metals sectors and stocks are in bull markets right now. We outline what’s still lagging. Also some comments on a Natural Gas trade at the end.
Upcoming Webinar – May 8th @ 12pm PDT (3pm EDT) – TriStar Gold. The Company owns 100% of the Castelo de Sonhos gold project, located in Pará state, Brazil. The Company has recently completed a US $8 million finance with Royal Gold Inc. with proceeds used to advance the project to completion of a feasibility study in 2020.
Jordan Roy-Byrne joins me to address the fact the gold juniors and silver stocks have been outperforming majors miners, gold, and silver in the past week. While this is happening on low volume, if this trend continues it signals another bullish sign for the overall sector.
Chris Temple joins me today to recap the market moves in US equities and gold. We also discuss Congress shooting down the emergency funding bill. As much as US markets are fighting for some sort of a bottom they need a little support for the Government here.
Doc is back with comments on the markets and the metals sector. The metals stocks are getting bought back today which is encouraging. There is a good chance the metals can bounce back when things settle down however it could take some time to get back to the levels we saw just a couple months ago.
Chris Temple joins me for a discussion on why we are seeing a bounce in US markets but not safe haven assets. Gold and silver are breaking some key support levels. The underlying stocks have been crushed this week but is a bottom near?
Jordan Roy-Byrne joined me to share his thoughts on the rush for cash in the markets that has also hit the metals and metals stocks. We look at where GDX and GDXJ stand in terms of support levels. The biggest question deals with when a good time will be to re-enter the metals stocks.
This interview was recorded late in the day yesterday.
With gold trading at a 7 year high you would think the stocks would be doing much better. GDXJ is maintaining it’s recent range but the juniors continue to get hit hard by a rush to cash.
Dave Erfle joins me to discuss his strategy of building cash. More importantly what he will be watching to give him the all clear to get back into some of his favorite juniors.
I’ve received a lot of emails and comments recently asking why the juniors are still lagging the move in gold. With gold up around $400 in under 1 year the juniors are still stuck and not breaking out.
Jordan Roy-Byrne joins me to share his thoughts on why this sector is lagging. We look at the performance of gold vs the S&P, silver’s recent price action, and what the optionality plays are telling us about the new investors to the sector.