Metalla Royaty & Streaming (TSX.V:MTA & OTCQX:MTAFF) has carved out a nice niche for itself as a company focused smaller on royalties and streams. Brett Heath, President and CEO of Metalla joins me to share some details on a recent deal signed. We also discuss how royalty and streaming companies are becoming the preferred investments for generalist investors. With stakes in a wide range of assets they are turning more into ETFs like GDX and GDXJ but with a focus on better assets.
On this weekend’s show I am joined by a great guest list including Jesse Felder, Rick Bensignor, and Byron King. We get a couple different takes on where the US markets are heading this year after the best January in 30 years. However what’s really interesting is across the board generalist investors are starting to warm up to gold.
Please keep in touch by emailing me at Fleck@kereport.com. I love hearing from all you regarding companies and guests you would like to see on the show.
This week’s segments are longer than normal as we are covering a lot of different topics. Please let me know what you all think.
- Segment 1 and 2 – Jesse Felder, Founder of The Felder Report joins me for a discussion on the recent inflation data, where profit margins are compared to historical levels, and where he sees opportunity this year.
- Segment 3 – Byron King looks into the metals stocks and outlines the importance of de-risking a project in a slow metals stock environment. This includes a discussion on jurisdiction and the importance of in-fill drilling.
- Segment 4 – Rick Bensignor, Founder of Bensignor Investment Strategies focuses on some indicators that are pointing to a more risk on attitude from investors. Could the December bottom in markets be a global bottom?
Exclusive Company Updates This Week
- Goldplay Exploration – Further Insights Into The Updated Resource
- An Introduction To Thunderbird Entertainment – Let Me Know Your Thoughts
- Miramont Resources – Updates On The Current Drill Program
- Pure Gold Mining – A Closer Look At The Feasibility and Short Term Drivers
Pure Gold Mining (TSX.V:PGM) released a feasibility study this week that the market did not like. The numbers still show a profitable mine however some aspects, such as CapEx came in higher than expected.
I chat with Darin Labrenz, Pure Gold’s President and CEO to get some more color on the release. We address the higher costs as well as some near term news on the satellite deposits.
Please comment or email me at Fleck@kereport.com with any further questions or comments for Darin and his team.
Brien Lundin joins me today with a general look at the sideways move in gold. Even without a gold breakout there are some stocks that are performing very well and some with good drill programs on deck. We outline what it takes to move a junior metals stock higher in this environment.
David Erfle, Founder of The Junior Miner Junky joins me today to share the reasons he is optimistic for gold and gold stocks. He points to political tensions, recent backdated CoT reports, and some other markets, like the dollar moves which gold has shaken off.
Bill Pincus, Miramont Resources (CSE:MONT & OTCQB : MRRMF) President and CEO joins me to provide some more details and an update on how the current drill program at the Cerro Hermosso project in Peru was progressing. Ever since the permits were received back in December the stock has been moving up nicely. We also get an update on the finances of the Company and when the drill results are expected.
Please email me with any questions for Bill (Fleck@kereport.com) or click on the link below and sign up for a call on the Miramont website.
John Rubino, Editor at the Dollar Collapse website updates us on the change in the CoT reports for gold. During the government shutdown there were no CoT reports issued so in the past couple weeks some of the updated reports have been published. Interestingly there has been a significant shift with the commercials moving back short and the specs going long.
Doc is with us today to focus on the move up in the USD today. A number of different factors are helping to drive the dollar higher however they are not the good factors. We point to the other markets that will be impacted due to the higher dollar.
It was another slower week for markets where news drove US stocks and at the tail end of the week PMs drifted higher. In the first hour of the show we spend a couple segments with Jeff Christian discussing metals, get an update from Osisko Metals, and talk defensive investment strategies with Mike Larson.
Please keep in touch by emailing me at Fleck@kereport.com. I love hearing form all of you about companies and guest you would like to see on the show. I reach out to everyone who you recommend.
- Segment 1 & 2 – Jeff Christian, Managing Partner at CPM Group joins me for the first segments. We initially discuss where he sees the gold price moving this year and the main drivers. In the second segment we dive into the metals stocks and look to where the opportunities are after the consolidation of majors.
- Segment 3 – Osisko Metals released drill results from both the Pine Point and Key Anacon Projects in the past two weeks. Jeff Hussey, President and CEO of Osisko Metals outlines how the Company is the “Only junior in the Americas with a pit constrained inferred resource of 5.5billion pounds of lead and zinc”.
- Segment 4 – Mike Larson, Editor of the Safe Money Report shares his continued strategy of playing defensive sectors. Over the past year if you were in these sectors you actually outperformed the high flying stocks.
Exclusive Company Updates This Week
I have been bringing SSR Mining (TSX & NASDAQ : SSRM) on to the show over the past few months because I think they are a great example of a mid-tier who is generating good cash flow numbers and building cash in the bank. After my last interview I received a number of emails asking for more color on the recent investment in SilverCrest Metals.
In this interview I have David Wiens, Director of Corporate Finance and Brian Martin, Director of Business Development on to discuss this investment. We also use this investment to discuss the trend of larger companies taking equity stakes in exploration companies rather than flat our buying them.
If you have any follow up questions for the guys at SSR please email me at Fleck@kereport.com.