Fund Manager Dana Lyons joins me to address the higher volatility in a wide range of markets. We start with the US markets and the overall trend he thinks we will see. Next we move to the yield sensitive sectors that have been moving up nicely. Finally a look into the recent drop in the USD and how is impacting other markets (look to the BRIC countries) as well as gold.
I am happy to introduce a new guest to all of you, Chris Vecchio. Chris is the Senior Currency Strategist at DailyFX. Just last week Chris wrote an article focused on the precious metals and the overall lack of volatility. This was all bullish in Chris’s eyes and turned out to be a great timing call for this recent run higher. Listen in to hear what he is watching for next.
Jeff Socha, Managing Partner at Ark Financial joins me for the first time on the show. We look at the US bond market and falling yields. The bond market is pricing in a Fed rate cut by the end of the year and, in a more worrisome light, a recession in under a couple years.
Chris Temple, Founder of The National Investor joins me to touch on the rising gold price. After a strong end to the week last week gold and the stocks are continuing to head higher. We also address the continued fall in yields and oil.
Doc is with us today and the general comment he shares is that everything sucks. We elaborate on why he is thinks a wide rage of markets and sectors are lacking any major trends. We also address the main areas to be worried about for all investors.
A market wrap with Chris Temple… We started the day with a bad retail sales number that had the market open down. Throughout the day they were bought on some trade talk where Trump pushed back tariffs on autos. Then after market we have Trump wrapping up tensions with China. All of these stories are disused as well as the treasury market moving higher now at levels not seen since 2016.
Chris Temple joins me today to recap the overall environment for investors. With stocks, treasuries, and the US dollar moving higher there clearly are investors from around the world viewing the US as the strongest market. How long can this be sustained and how long can the spread between yields in the US and yields in other major economies remain wide?
Chris Temple joins me to share his thoughts on a couple markets that are at key techincal levels. We start with oil which is getting a pop on the back of US and Iran news. Next is the USD which is again closing in on at the very least a short term breakout higher. Finally we look at the bond market and the 10 year yield trying to continue it’s recent bounce.
Eddie Ghabour, Co-Owner of Key Advisors Group LLC and author of the new book The Common Sense Bull joins me to cover some of the main factors at play for the US markets. Eddie is still bullish on the markets but thinks the recent run has gone a little too far too fast. He also points out that the housing market is key to seeing how long the markets can extended the rally before a more major correction takes hold.
We are now making the turn to Q2. In this hour we discuss the set up for the risk on and risk off trade that has dominated in Q1. Please keep in touch by emailing me at Fleck@kereport.com.
- Segment 1 – Fund manager Dana Lyons kicks off the show with a look into the US markets and the fact that volatility remains high.
- Segment 2 – David Brady, President of Global Pro Traders is back and has a warning for those in risk on assets. It’s all about liquidity and as we start next week there could be a serious shortage of cash flowing into stocks. Click here to visit the Global Pro Traders website.
- Segment 3 – Lobo Tiggre, Editor of the Independent Speculator shares his thoughts on why China is key to future metals moves.
- Segment 4 – We get an update on Auryn Resources from the Executive Chairman Ivan Bebek. After just closing an oversubscribed placement we hear how this money will be spent exploring in Peru.
Exclusive Company Updates This Week
- Goldplay Exploration – A Dive Into The Presentation
- Great Bear Exploration – Looking At The Overall Scale Of The Dixie Lake Project
- New Dimension Resources – Trenching and New Target Updates
- Palamina Corp – Updating The Investor Interest In Peru and Current Work Plans