Marc Chandler, Managing Partner at Bannockburn Global ForEx joins me for a comprehensive recap of the market moves this week that continued to push US and international market to higher levels. A lot was on the back of trade optimism which Trump is trying to pullback after his comments today. Pay attention to Marc comments regarding markets not always following fundamentals.
This week was packed with news on the US economy and a Fed statement all of which are important for investors. I cover what’s noteworthy for the big picture and some trading strategies for the metals complex heading into the end of the year.
Please keep in touch by emailing me at Fleck@kereport.com.
- Segment 1 and 2 – I kick off the show with Peter Boockvar, Chief Investment Officer at Bleakley Advisory Group. We discuss the shift in the bond markets globally and how where he sees money flows going over the next year.
- Segment 3 – Jayant Bhandari joins me to share information on the potential restrictions the Indian government might put on gold. We then shift to some of the juniors that have his attention in Atlantic Canada.
- Segment 4 – Dave Erfle and I focus entirely on the gold and gold stock market. We chat about recent weakness being bought, gold shares and silver showing relative strength, and the reasons
Exclusive Company Interviews This Week
Jordan Roy-Byrne, Founder of The Daily Gold joins me to share his thoughts on a wild day for the markets. We focus mostly on gold and compare the nice two day bounce to how the gold stocks are reacting. We also look to the big selloff in US markets and how this is helping move money into safer assets.
Chris Temple kicks off this week with a quick look at the major drivers and markets. We start with the importance (or lack there of) of the recent moves in US markets, metals, and the dollar. As Chris puts it, the recent moves could all just be window dressing for the quarter end. We then discuss the recent issues with China with the possibility of tougher regulations for Chinese companies in the US. Finally we weigh in on the impeachment proceedings.
Joel Elconin, Co-Host of the Benzinga Pre-Market Prep Show kicks off today with his thoughts on what drove the issues we saw in the repo markets last week. These drivers include banks not following the Fed in cutting rates but also the Fed’s lack of direction is contributing. We also discuss the seasonality at play with the Jewish holiday of Rosh HaShana starting early next week and the moves in oil ever since the attacks.
There is no doubt we will see some volatility on the back of the Fed statement and Powell’s press conference. However it is important to understand the major trends and drivers in any market.
Jordan Roy-Byrne and I look at the longer term charts for gold, silver, and gold miners to get a handle on what the next few months will look like. These metals have been a great run due to central bank easing expectations. However over the past couple weeks the bond market has experienced a major shift along with some inflation data that has investors pairing some of these extreme expectations. We discuss all of this while focusing on gold and silver.
Sean Brodrick joins me today to share a recent news story about the NY Fed stepping into the repo market to control the rising short term rates. We also look at the gold and oil markets as well as the copper market. There are still some diehard copper bulls that will point to what will drive the copper market however it’s all about time frame from smart investors.
With all the fear in in markets around the world it seemed like we were at the edge of a cliff. After the bounce in markets and yields globally there might be a sense of calm. Marc Chandler and I recap how the trading last week impacts the overall fear in the markets.
On this weekend show we spend the majority of the hour focused on the precious metals. We look at the charts and stocks while also considering the bond markets roll in the precious metals strength.
I will be at the Beaver Creek Conference all next week so posting will be light. Please keep in touch by emailing me at Fleck@kereport.com if you have any questions for companies at the conference.
I hope you all have a great weekend!
- Segment 1 – Doc kicks off the show with a long term outlook for gold. Bring up the 15 year monthly gold chart to follow along. We also discuss a couple company charts that need to be considered in the big picture gold price.
- Segment 2 – Brien Leni, Founder of the Junior Stock Review shares what he is looking for in metals stocks right now. In a rising gold price environment it is easy to get distracted by lower quality companies.
- Segment 3 and 4 – Jesse Felder and I look at the bond market and overall attractiveness of safe haven assets. While bonds might bounce back the overall trend is what really matters.
Exclusive Company Interviews This Week
- Seabridge Gold – An Update To Get Up To Speed On What Seabridge Has Planned For The KSM Project
- Great Bear Resources – More information on the new Auro discovery
- Cypress Development Corp – More Information On The Processing Milestones and Upcoming PFS
- Auryn Resources – Recapping The Bridge Loan and Looking Ahead To the Company Drivers In Q4
Jordan Roy-Byrne, Founder of The Daily Gold joins me to address the pullback in precious metals today. It’s very hard to say if this is the start of the overdue correction most technicians are waiting for but there are some key levels to watch as we close the week tomorrow.Also pay close attention to the bounce in yields as the bond market will pay a big roll in the length of the metals pullback.