Chris Vermeulen, founder of The Technical Traders kicks off today by looking at the recent downtrends in the safe haven assets. We look at the speed of the breakout and what the long term outlook is. To wrap it up Chris shares a trading strategy for natural gas.
Sean Brodrick joins me to recap the moves in cannabis stocks (up) and gold stocks (down). Driving cannabis was a good earnings report from Aphria which reported the positive earnings for the second quarter in a row. As for gold stocks they are closing in on a key short term support level as sentiment has shifted a little more back to risk on assets. We also discuss the long term drivers for risk off assets that are not going anywhere.
If you would like more information on Sean’s new newsletter focused on gold and silver stocks please email me at Fleck@kereport.com. The first issue has not been released yet so you can be early to his recommendations.
Here is an update from our good friend Chris Kimble at Kimble Charting Solutions. Chris outlines what he would like to see to confirm the bull market for gold and what could lead to the next big pop higher.
After a big summer rally, Gold peaked out at $1566/oz in September.
Since then, Gold prices have been consolidating between $1475 and $1550.
So what’s happening here? Enter the Swiss Franc currency…
In today’s chart, we look at a key indicator (and correlation) for Gold. As you can see, the Swiss Franc has an uncanny resemblance to Gold.
Both Gold and the Franc are testing heavy resistance at the same time.
Until both breakout at (2), odds are low that a new Gold bull market emerges with another big rally leg higher.
Looking back, it wasn’t until both Gold and the France broke out above price resistance at each (1) that a new Gold bull market emerged. Can it happen again? Stay tuned!
David Erfle, Founder of The Junior Miner Junky joins me to outline some of the stocks he is invested in or just watching that are bucking the downtrend in the gold price. It all comes down to high grade and economics. These are only a couple stocks that have caught our eye. Please comment with the stocks that you see as drastically outperforming the market.
Click here to visit Dave’s site and learn more about his newsletter. It is well worth it if you are an active investor in precious metals stocks.
Joel Elconin, Co-Host of The Benzinga Pre-Market Prep Show joins me to chat about the market moves over the past few trading sessions where money has been rotating back into the US markets. We start with the pop in bank stocks today and the overall narrative from some central banks discussing higher long term rates. We wrap it up with comments on the earnings seasons that is just kicking off.
Quinton Hennigh, President and Chairman of Novo Resources (TSX-V: NVO & OTCQX: NSRPF) joins me to recap the gold sorting results from last week. We discuss the overall grade and also look at the potential of fine grain gold, which we are waiting on those results. Quinton also shares some insights on the potential processing and mining techniques that the Company is testing for future larger scale production.
If you have any follow up questions for Quinton please email me at Fleck@kereport.com.
Eddie Ghabour, Co-Owner of Key Advisor Group LLC joins me to share his thoughts on the recent more optimistic trade talk as well as the Fed’s actions in the repo market. Both of these situations lack clarity which is why Eddie is still taking a conservative investing approach. We also look outside of the US to find value for investors.
Chris Kimble joins me on this Thanksgiving Day in Canada and Columbus Day in the US. We look into the semiconductor sector and use that as a barometer for the overall US markets. Follow along on the charts below that Chris and I dive into.
The full second hour is dedicated to all of you resource investors! I chat gold, silver, copper, battery metals, and oil. Please update me with any companies that cross your radar. My email is Fleck@kereport.com.
I hope everyone in Canada has a happy Thanksgiving and you all enjoy this weekend’s show!
- Segment 1 & 2 – Joe Mazumdar, Editor of Exploration Insights joins me for a discussion on the environment in Peru for exploration companies and what he thinks is the best investment strategy. We also dive into the copper market.
- Segment 3 – Brien Leni, Editor at the Junior Stock Review website chats about investor interest in precious metals compared to the base and battery metals.
- Segment 4 – Josef Schachter, Editor of the Schachter Energy Report updates us on the oil . We discuss the recent price moves and the stocks he thinks will be the best investments this winter.
This weekend you get a full two hours of market and economic commentary. In the first hour I focus on the many predictions of a recession occurring in 2020. We also discuss the trade war developments from this week and how it all relates to overall market direction.
The second hour of the show is focused on resource investing. Be sure to check out that posting under “Hour 2”.
Please let me know what you think of this weekend’s show. I love hearing from all of you and do my best to get back to your emails. My email is Fleck@kereport.com.
- Segment 1 & 2 – Mike Larson, Editor of The Safe Money Report kicks off the show with his thoughts on a possible 2020 recession. We look to the recent IPO market failures and the comments made by Powell earlier this week.
- Segment 3 – Chris Temple recaps the market moves at the end of the week on the back of the trade developments. The move to risk on was drastic at the end of the week.
- Segment 4 – Jeff Christian, Managing Partner at the CPM Group distinguishes between a recession and full on financial collapse that some are predicting. From an investing perspective this is very important for when the large correction hits.