Brien Leni joins me today to share his thoughts on what’s important when assessing a company’s cash position. As we head into year end companies are setting plans for next year and ensuring they have the cash to follow through on the strategy is important. Please let us know what you think of when looking at the cash positions of a company.
Jose Vizquerra, President and CEO of O3 Mining (TSX.V:OIII) joins me for a quick update on the 50,000 meter drill program underway. We look ahead to next year when the total number of drills onsite will be increased to 4 (from 2 currently) with the goals of expanding the resource and getting abetter understanding of the geology. There will be a lot of news coming out of the Company for the foreseeable future.
Click here to visit the O3 Mining website for more information. Also please email me with any questions you have for Jose regarding O3 Mining – Fleck@kereport.com.
Anthony Saccaro, President of Providence Financial joins me to share his thoughts on the stability of the equity market around the world. With economic data continuing to decline it’s reasonable to think a recession is around the corner but there are a number of other factors that could hold the markets up. We dive into these other factors that have helped support the markets new all time high values and just how sustainable they are.
Last week Riverside Resources (TSX.V:RRI & OTCQB:RVSDF) announced its third project acquisition in Ontario, Canada. The Company added the Pichette Gold Project, located in the Beardmore-Geraldton Greenstone Gold Belt.
A new guest to the show Freeman Smith, Riverside’s VP Exploration joins me to share what attracted the Company to this project. We discuss the largest mine in the area, the Hardrock Gold Mine as well as some of the other projects and deposits. We wrap up the call with the work planned for next year and the permitting process.
Please email me with any other questions you have for the team over at Riverside.
- Segment 1 – We discuss the psychological impact that Holidays have on everyone With Dr Frieda Birnbaum.
- Segment 2 – Dr. Frieda Birnbaum opines on the impeachment situation.
- Segment 3 – Jim and Big Al wrap up the past week in politics stemming from both facts and opinions.
- Where will Trump end up in November? Jim and Big Al think that they know.
I hope everyone had a very happy Thanksgiving down in the US!
On the first hour I focus on the resource sector. Topics range from metals to energy and thoughts on the two multi-million to billion dollar deals in the resource sector. Please keep in touch by emailing me at Fleck@kereport.com.
- Segment 1 and 2 – Jesse Felder kicks off the show by sharing some of his research on the cannabis stocks answering the question; are these stocks finally trading at value levels. We also discuss the gold market and what will be the major driver in 2020. Click here to learn more about The Felder Report.
- Segment 3 – Josef Schachter joins me for a close look at the energy sector. He shares the stocks that he is watching and adding to his portfolio as we progress through tax loss selling. Click here to visit Josef’s site and learn more about his newsletter.
- Segment 4 – John Kaiser wraps up the first hour by looking at the Kirkland Lake deal to acquire Detour Gold and Newmont offloading the Red Lake Gold Mine to an Australian company. Click here to learn more about John’s service – Kaiser Research.
Exclusive Company Interviews and Commentary This Week
- John Rubino – Big news out of Kirkland Lake and Detour Gold. Also comments on Great Bear and Novo
- Goldplay Exploration – More Information On The Recent High Grade Silver Results At The Nava Target
- Brien Leni – It’s time to get your tax loss selling hit list ready – Here’s what we are considering for Zinc Stocks
Marc Chandler, Managing Partner at Bannockburn Global ForEx joins me to look ahead to the economic data and and key meetings to watch for next week. While these events might not be market moving they will shed some more light on the trend of slowing economies around the world and the continued tensions not just between the US and other countries but also within some countries themselves.
Dana Lyons joins me on this Black Friday to share his thoughts on the mentality of buy the dip now extending to the safe haven assets. We start with US markets and how the last couple weeks have actually strengthened the background data when it comes in overall breadth and participation. These aspects support even higher prices for the markets. However Dana also points out that a buy the dip bullish strategy remains for gold and even bonds.
Click here to find out more about Dana’s Black Friday special. The special is valid only today!
There are a couple main forums online that specialize in the junior mining sector. These can be a valuable source of information but are also littered with a bad crowd that have alternate motives. However there are some takeaways that
Erik Wetterling joins me today for a conversation focused on how we use these forums when analyzing stocks. We discuss different factors such as balancing blue sky comments, the number of people commenting on a certain stock, and understanding that everyone is carrying a bias into their comments.
Please share your thoughts on how you use the forums to do your due diligence.
Rick Ackerman joins me today to share a recent trade he is taking going short on the S&P. While he does not think this will be “the mother of all tops” but for how far the market has run without any sort of correction he thinks now is the time. We also discuss the VIX which continues to trend lower and the speculators build on there historic level of shorts.