Source: Streetwise Reports 05/16/2018
The release of infill drilling results at a Nevada gold project shows continuing resource potential.
Gold Standard Ventures Corp. (GSV:TSX.V; GSV:NYSE) recently announced results from its 2018 infill drilling program at the Dark Star oxide gold deposit. Some 4,605 meters of infill drilling have been achieved at this site in 28 holes. This phase of drilling was completed in mid-March. The company subsequently turned its focus towards more drilling work at the Pinion deposit. Over 120 holes were completed at this site. After work at the Pinion deposit was finished, drilling with a core rig and a reverse circulation rig was started up again at Dark Star.
Over 140 exploration and development holes remain to be drilled at Dark Star.
Some highlights of the work at Dark Star are:
- The intercept in the northern part was thicker and of higher grade than was predicted. DR18-26 intersected 54.9m of 1.64 g Au/t, including 18.3m of 3.04 g Au/t. At the topographic surface, DR18-26 also intersected 12.2m of 1.36 g Au/t.
- DS17-35 returned 8m of 2.96 g Au/t, including 93.0m of 5.06 g Au/t while DS17-37 yielded 141.8m of 3.32 g Au/t, including 25.9m of 8.63 g Au/t.
- Of all the holes drilled at Railroad-Pinion, DS17-35 and DS17-37 have been two of the best, but the new drilling verified the existence of a new high-grade target to the west.
“Once again, we are impressed by the grade and thickness of the intercepts from the Dark Star deposit. As we do the detailed infill drilling for our upcoming PEA, we are finding the smaller-scale structural features that generate exceptional grade in Carlin-style deposits. We are also discovering lateral extensions which we expect to be able to bring within the PEA’s pit configuration and include in our mine plans,” explained Gold Standard CEO Jonathan Awde.
Gold Standard reiterated that it intends to release a preliminary economic assessment (PEA) for Dark Star and Pinion during the second half of this year.
Read what other experts are saying about:
Want to read more Gold Report articles like this? Sign up for our free e-newsletter, and you’ll learn when new articles have been published. To see a list of recent articles and interviews with industry analysts and commentators, visit our Streetwise Interviews page.
1) Jake Richardson compiled this article for Streetwise Reports LLC and provides services to Streetwise reports as an independent contractor. He or members of his household own securities of the following companies mentioned in the article: None. He or members of his household are paid by the following companies mentioned in this article: None.
2) The following companies mentioned in this article are billboard sponsors of Streetwise Reports: Gold Standard Ventures. Click here for important disclosures about sponsor fees.
3) Comments and opinions expressed are those of the specific experts and not of Streetwise Reports or its officers. The information provided above is for informational purposes only and is not a recommendation to buy or sell any security.
5) From time to time, Streetwise Reports LLC and its directors, officers, employees or members of their families, as well as persons interviewed for articles and interviews on the site, may have a long or short position in securities mentioned. Directors, officers, employees or members of their immediate families are prohibited from making purchases and/or sales of those securities in the open market or otherwise from the time of the interview or the decision to write an article, until one week after the publication of the interview or article.
( Companies Mentioned: GSV:TSX.V; GSV:NYSE,
From:: The Gold Report