MINING.COM MINUTE is a roundup of the biggest stories from the global mining and metals industry.
This week’s top stories:
- Iron ore prices hit six-and-half year highs as Chinese furnaces, where more than half the world’s steel is forged, roll out crude steel at an unprecedented pace. Read more. Copper also rose above $3 a pound for the first time in more than two years – Read more
- BHP defers decision on Jansen potash mine – Read more
- Rio Tinto cuts 2020 copper targets on Kennecott delay – Read more
- Australian billionaire woos Canadians to build coal mine in Rockies – Read more
- Jetti Resources’ quest for copper mining’s holy grail – Read more